A creative developer, user-centric experience architect, and consultant, who approaches the web with insight and excitement. Excels at motivating and inspiring teams to deliver superb creative work under tight deadlines. Creative work featured in several industry blogs and magazines.
JustFamily.com – Lead front-end developer for complex picture-sharing web start-up. Responsible for architecting CSS, CSS performance, cross-browser bugs and responsive web design. (link)
Mozilla Firefox – Recruited by Mozilla to build CSS3 animation demo to publicize he Firefox browser supporting CSS3 animation (link to article)
Time Warner Cable – Updated the existing front-end codebase from XHTML to HTML5 and CSS3 for Time Warner Cable’s “On Demand” DVR web application. 30-day contract with Push-it-forward.com (link)
Wired.com – Built one of the first animated info-graphics for an iPad magazine using html5 and CSS3 web technologies for Wired June, 2011 cover story (link to article)
MadManimation – Recreated the opening animation of AMC’s hit cable television show Mad Men using only html5 and CSS3. This demo played an integral role in Andrew Clarke’s An Event Apart” conference talks for 2011(link to animation) and (link to article)
.net Magazine – Implemented an ‘Easter egg’ into sign-up form. Upon the successful registration of a user an animation is triggered of a twitter bird that is flying around and and interacting with different elements in the form (ink to video)
Hardboiled Web Design – Contracted by author Andrew Clarke to create an animated landing page for his bestselling book “Hardboiled Web design” (link to video)
Hired by .net magazine to build animated Union Jack bunting celebrating the royal wedding (link to article).
Nominated by .net magazine for the brilliant newcomer award for several CSS3/HTML5 animation experiments that continue to receive attention around the web (link to article).
Wrote article “Visitor loss prevention” for .net Magazine (link to article).
Lead Front-End Developer, JustFamily.com
March 2012 – Present
- Primary front-end developer for JustFamily, a social shared library for your family.
Freelance Web Design & Development
March 2008 – Present
- Followed up on leads, obtained quotes, developed estimates, and coordinated with vendors on outsourced projects.
- Conferred with clients regarding web designs and concepts, produced, designed, and maintained websites for numerous clients.
- Solely responsible for all internet related projects; i.e. websites, email campaigns, interactive animations and digital presentations.
- Designed, Hand-coded HTML5, CSS3 and WordPress Blogging/CMS Software.
Creative Director, Optimum7
May 2009 – March 2012
- Directed full-time team of 2 designers, 2 back-end developers, 2 writers and 4 SEO specialists, assigning tasks to team members and ensuring that the content format was consistent with client requirements.
- Reviewed potential client websites, developed estimates, prepared proposals based on observations.
- Optimization for search engines through properly coded, W3C Validated XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3, coordinated with in-house SEO’s for keyword research and selection, meta tagging, search engine submission, and position tracking.
- Maintained HTML code guidelines, provided optimal design and processing, and provided suggestions for strategic and process improvements.
Asst. Art Director, Wragg & Casas Public Relations
March 2005 – March 2008
- Design & technical lead on all internet related projects; i.e. websites, email campaigns, interactive animations and digital presentations.
- Optimization for search engines through properly coded, W3C Validated XHTML and CSS, keyword research and selection, meta tagging, search engine submission, and position tracking.
- Executed creative concepts for assigned projects, including (but not limited to) magazine ads, newspaper ads, outdoor advertising, collateral, brochures, annual reports, signs, packaging, press kits, and other related projects.
- Assisted in the development and presentation of brand strategies for key client accounts.
Flash Designer, Bandwidth Communications
Oct. 2004 – Feb. 2005
- Built Flash app for Honda, for use at the 2005 NADA Show (National Automotive Dealers Association); to include interface design and project management.
- Built Flash app for Hunter Yachts, Coordinated asset collection with Video Editors, Copywriters, etc. and implemented media assets into HDTV Kiosk presentations.
Graphic Designer, J&B Importers
Aug. 2003 – Oct. 2004
- Design and execution of packaging, 300 page monthly catalog and marketing materials for a bicycle manufacturing and distribution company.
- Completed projects include packaging for Arius bicycle manufacturing and accessories.
Web/Graphic Designer, Quest Industries
Aug. 2001 – July 2003
- Updated website, designed packaging, catalogs, sale sheets, signage, ad and marketing materials under tight deadlines for automotive parts manufacturing and distributing company.
Web Designer, Systeam of Florida
Feb. 2000 – June 2001
- Conferred with clients regarding company web designs and concepts, produced, designed, and maintained websites for numerous clients.
- Designed direct mail marketing materials and brochures.